Samantha is officially TWO (as of August 6th). ❤ We had a Trolls “themed” birthday party/ baby sprinkle. I order a cake/ cupcake set from our supermarket asking them to do a “swirl” of the Trolls colors. I loved how it turned out! I topped it with a couple of figurines she got for her birthday; she’s Poppy and the two little Trolls represent her baby sister and brother! I made a hand sanitizer favor for the ladies for the “baby sprinkle” part.If I may say, I think they came out quite adorable!The kids also got goodie bags and although it rained during her birthday BBQ, we had a blast!
Here are some of Samantha’s current toy/ food likes. It’s fun to see how she’s changed even from just a few months ago.
Current food likes:
- Kid Fresh Super Duper Chicken Nuggets
- Fruit (especially blackberries & mandarins)
- Sweet Potato Pancakes (and fries!)
- Happy Tot Spinach, Blueberry & Pear Fiber & Protein Pouch
- Eggo Nutri-grain Waffles
- Snap Pea Crisps
- Teddy’s Natural Peanut Butter
- Wheat & Peanut Butter Crackers
- Gerber’s Lil’ Beanies
- Almond Milk
We still aren’t into veggies, although she will eat some at playschool. She isn’t a fan of meat either except for those nuggets or on occasion, a bite of my Subway turkey sandwich. She was all for it before then fell off of it at around 11 months.
I’m not too concerned because she eats plenty of foods with iron plus she takes a multi-vitamin (as per her doctor).
Current toy/ activity likes:
- Swings – Any time of swing/ swinging motion she is obsessed with.
- Bouncing – She loves using the trampoline at MyGym.
- Farms – Raspberry picking and being outdoors in grassy fields.
- Color/ Object Naming – She LOVES pointing out colors or objects and making sounds, especially when we head to the park or an unfamiliar place.
- Library – Playing with the doll house or Mr. Potato Head.
- Trolls – Hence the birthday party theme. Her favorite “Trolls” things are
If you checked the blog earlier this week, you’ll see the “routine” that we are trying to get Sam on. It’s good for her to have a routine to keep her brain flowing but also good for when the twins come. We are trying to implement independent play times that way she doesn’t feel like mom and dad are ignoring her – rather it’s just part of her daily routine.
That recaps Sammy’s birthday BBQ and some likes for the start of age two! Excited to see how she grows this year each and every day, especially once the twins come.
Have a great weekend y’all. 🙂