The last time I posted on my health and fitness routine was in THIS blog post. That was over a year ago!
I’ve come a long way since then.I have posted some blogs on Barre and Tabata – which I still both do. But I’ve started to incorporate more strength training and cardio on my own time (or finding classes here and there to take).
I had to buy new sneakers since my Asics were dying on me. I got these Everlast ones that were on sale. I absolutely love them for strength training!I have the say the combination of Pure Barre and Tabata has been amazing for my body. I haven’t felt this strong (and toned) since I did bodybuilding pre-baby in 2014. I can even do tricep push-ups; something I was never able to do. I try to do barre 3-4 times a week. I teach 3 Barre classes a week and try to take 2-3 Pure Barre classes on my own.
Here’s what my current fitness routine looks like during the week:
- Monday: Barre Class (Lower Body & Core)
- Tuesday: Rest Day
- Wednesday: Barre & Tabata Class
- Thursday: Barre Class
- Friday: Tabata/ Strength Training
- Saturday: Cardio Barre
- Sunday: Active Rest Day
I also am updating the top 15 items I try to stock in my fridge/ pantry (for Samantha & I). You can check out my favorites from from last year HERE (very slight change).
- Instant Plain Oatmeal Packets (for the added iron for my anemic self)
- Teddy’s Natural Peanut Butter
- Chia or Flax Seeds (whichever was on sale)
- Trail Mix (from WholeFoods Bulk area)
- Fresh/Frozen Fruits and Veggies
- Milk (whole dairy plus soy or almond)
- Protein Bars (I try to have a few Quest bars on hand)
- Greek Yogurt (store brand or Stonyfield)
- String Cheese or Babybel Light
- Gluten-Free Pretzels
- Harvest Snap Pea Crisps
- Alexia Sweet Potato Fries (Sam loves them!)
- Boca Veggie Burgers
- Dark Chocolate (Usually Ghirardelli 72%)
Is every week perfect? Absolutely not. Just like I mentioned over a year ago, things are going to come up or happen, especially with a toddler. But I’ve learned to focus on eating more; if I can’t get to the gym, I make sure my eating is on point. I also focus less on the scale. I weight myself about once a month (last time I was 153lbs) now and try to just go based off of my clothes. I like the size that I am at so I know if my clothes are starting to feel snug, I have to kick it up a notch. 😉
Question: What does YOUR fitness routine look like?